I was curious about this book because Deepak Chopra listed it among his favorites. And in fact some ofthe concepts he is famous for discussing (such as "stepping into the unknown" and "the mirror of relationship") can be found here among the many piles of philosophical debris. The problem is that, for me at least, this book doesn't read well or flow well at all. At times it was clear, at others I found myself alternately confused, in disagreement, or falling asleep. It's not the complexity - I can follow and enjoy Hegel translations - it's the strange presentation, which may have to do with the fact that this material is transcribed from Krishnamurti's famous talks. If anything I have to credit Deepak Chopra for how well he presents nebulous philosophical concepts; how clearly, concisely and kindly he shares them with the reader. Bt contrast, Krishnamurti's tone can at times verge on being irritated or condescending. I'm still a fan of his, but this book did not go as well as "Think on These Things", which for a first time reader I would recommend instead.

No comments:
Post a Comment